July, 4-5, 2023
CALL FOR PAPERS – 31st Finance Forum
July, 4-5, 2023
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: February 18, 2024
The Universidad de la Laguna is proud to host the 31st Finance Forum, the Annual Meeting of the Spanish Finance Association (AEFIN).
The Finance Forum will take place at the Faculty of Economics, Business and Tourism (Campus de Guajara situated in San Cristóbal de La Laguna) on July 4-5, 2023.
We are honored to announce Professor Stefano Giglio (Yale School of Management) and Professor Arturo Bris (International Institute for Management Development) as the keynote speakers of the 31st Finance Forum.
The Finance Forum will also feature a PhD Mentoring Day to be held on the 3th of July (the day before the conference) where PhD students will present their research and receive feedback from top specialists in their fields.
PhD students can submit to both the Finance Forum and the PhD Mentoring Day. AEFIN will provide 15 scholarships for the best papers of the PhD Mentoring Day covering the registration fee to the Finance Forum plus the accommodation
The Finance Forum and the PhD Mentoring Day invite submissions in all areas of Financial Economics research, such as (but not limited to): Asset Pricing, Corporate Finance, Banking, Portfolo Choice and Asset Management, Microstructure, Regulation, Financial Stability and Macrofinance.
You can submit your paper/s to both the Finance Forum and to the PhD Mentoring Day (with a specific track) through the following link before the deadline of 18th of February 2023:
There is a single 30€ fee per paper submitted to the Finance Forum.
No papers will be processed without the payment. Submitting more than one paper implies payment for each paper. Submissions to the PhD Mentoring Day and single author papers submitted by PhD students to the 31st Finance Forum are free of charge.
The following awards will be granted at the Conference:
- AEFIN Award to the Best paper of the Finance Forum
- BME Award to the best paper on Stock Markets
- BME Award to the best paper on Fixed Income
- BME Award to the best paper on Derivatives
- CNMV Award to the best paper on Regulation
- INVERCO Award to the best paper on Asset Management
- SANFI Award to the Best paper on Banking
Inés Ruiz Rosa
- Martijn Boons ( Nova School of Business and Economics )
- Francisco Peñaranda (The City University of New York)
- José Faias (Católica Lisbon School of Business & Economics)
- Antonio Díez de los Ríos (Bank of Canada)
- Anna Toldrà (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid)
- Andrés Almazán (McCombs School of Business, The University of Texas at Austin)
- David Martínez-Miera (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid)
- Hans Degryse (KU Leuven)
- Rafael Zambrana (University of Notre Dame)
- Roberto Pascual (Universitat de les Illes Ballears)
- Sergio Mayordomo (Banco de España)
PhD Mentoring Day Coordinator
Coordinated by Scientific Committee Director, Ariadna Dumitrescu (ESADE), the PhD Mentoring Day will be held on July 3, 2024, one day prior to the start of the 31 st Finance Forum. It will include:
Mentoring sessions: where our outstanding invited mentors will discuss the latest advances in research and offer career advice for the PhD students.
Parallel sessions: where a reduced number of PhD students will have the opportunity to present their work and receive feedback from our mentors, the members of the scientific committee and other guest scholars.